6 tips on how to unclog your sink
Is your sink clogged –Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου- quite often lately? Are you experiencing difficulties because of these clogs? Well stop right here because we have the solution! We are going to discuss 6 tips on how to unclog your sink quickly, effectively and most importantly, in a budget. In these 6 tips we have included both invasive and natural ways so that we can satisfy everyone who wishes to unclog their sink.
Natural ways to unclog your sink
The most effective yet cheap cleaning methods are natural. You will not even need to leave your house to get to the supermarket as you might already have the ingredients. Even if you do not have them, get them in a large quantity because you will definitely use these instead of a chemical cleaner! Keep reading to find out more about the natural unclogging methods that we have for you.
Baking soda and vinegar
Maybe the most popular and at the same time effective way to unclog and clean your sinks (and many more objects in your house) is the baking soda and vinegar mixture! You will only need three quarters of a cup baking soda and half a cup of vinegar. Clean your sink from any hair, food scraps and anything else that is visible and make sure that there is no stagnant water in the sink bowl.
Pour the baking soda in the sink drain and immediately pour the vinegar over it. You can use an old toothbrush to scrub this all over your sink including the bowl and after a couple of minutes, use hot water to rinse it off. You will notice that the water is running down normally and that any unpleasant odors have gone away!
Hot water, dish detergent and salt
Another popular and very simple method is the one that includes dish detergent, hot water and salt. Dissolve a generous tablespoon in a kettle of boiling water and let it cool slightly. Pour dish detergent directly in your drain and let it run down. Pour the hot water on top of it and see it run down the pipes as it can not find any obstacles.
The dish detergent can act as a lubricant and makes any buildup detach from your pipes. The hot water helps rise these pieces down the drain, releasing the pipes from their clog!
Invasive ways to unclog your sink
Apart from the natural ways, there are also a couple of more invasive ways that you can use to unclog your drain. We cannot say if they are good or bad, we just know that they are quite effective -Αποφράξεις Μαρούσι. The only thing we would raise your attention to is the fact that if used unwisely they could lead to further damage to your pipes and system.
Snake drains are quite popular and useful tools that can get you out of an unpleasant situation. They are basically a long piece of plastic or metal with little dents and “thorns” that goes into the drain. When you pull it out, it comes with pieces of paper, plastic, hair strands and anything that has stuck to your drain pipes.
It is the best choice for your bath tub and bathroom sinks as the reason these two get clogged is the hair we shed!
Chemical drain cleaner
The chemical drain cleaners that can be bought at any super market or store with cleaning supplies are an emergency solution. We believe that you should not use them very often as they tend to corrode the pipes and lead to leaks and floods. They will though help you in case you need to have your sink as good as new in a few minutes.
Always wear protective gear when using these cleaners as they tend to produce fumes that are toxic and harmful. We have heard a lot of stories about poisoning and eye irritation!
Calling a drain cleaning crew
The last resort is to call a drain cleaning crew – Αποφράξεις Αργυρούπολη. If you feel like you can not face the clogs in your sinks then it is better to call them so that your system will be treated properly. Except for the occasional clogs, you should consider having an annual maintenance and cleaning of your system so that you avoid any major damage.
The final 6 tips on how to unclog your sink
- Never put a lot of force when trying to unclog your sink. If you will not pay attention you could damage your pipes and this could lead to a pipe burst or a leak.
- Prefer to use natural cleaners and unclogging products as they tend to be more gentle and they do not ruin your pipes and plumbing system.
- If you want to use a chemical drain cleaner, use it rarely -and wise- as if used more often, it can eat up the plastic of your pipes leading to further damage.
- Make sure to install a protective filter or mesh on your sink drains so that any food scraps, hair, paper, etc. does not end up in your plumbing system. This way you will not have clogs every now and then!
- Never interfere with your system, meaning that if there is no urgent need, you should not mess with a screw or try to fix the big problem yourself because you will probably create more problems.
- Finally, if a clog insists and it seems like you cannot do something, please call an expert in drain cleaning–Αποφράξεις Πειραιάς. The sooner they come and fix your problem the better for you -and of course your plumbing system.
We hope that you will try our unclogging methods and that you will find our 6 tips on how to unclog your sink useful! Take the time to clean your draining system properly so that it will survive longer!